After Russell Westbrook grabs his third quadruple-double of the season with 27 points, 15 rebounds, 13 assists and 10 turnovers, it's time to check best facts about double-digit turnovers in NBA history.
1. Double-digit turnovers have occurred 133 (66-66 win-loss record) times since the start of 1983-84 season. 53 of those were on the road.
2. All of the double-digit turnover games were done by a starter but one. On February 15, 1988, Milwaukee Bucks' John Lucas came off the bench on a game against the Washington Bullets and finished with 10 TOs in 32 minutes of action.
3. Denver Nuggets' Emmanuel Mudiay, in his very first game as a rookie, is the youngest player (19 years and 237 days) to commit at least 10 TOs in a game (at Houston, October 28, 2015).
4. Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant is the oldest player (36 years and 101 days) to commit 10 TOs in a game against the Detroit Pistons on December 2, 2014.
5. There were two instances when two double-digit TOs occurred on the same date. The first instance was on December 11, 1984 when Portland's Mychal Thompson (at Denver) and Washington's Jeff Ruland (vs. Utah) tallied 10 TOs each. The second one took place on October 25, 1985 when the Golden State Warriors' Joe Barry Carroll (11) and Sleepy Floyd (12) became the only pair of teammates to produce at least 10 TOs in a game against the Denver Nuggets.
6. On April 19, 1990, Rockets' Hakeem Olajuwon (11 TOs) scored the most points (52) and most field goals made (21) in a double-digit TO game (vs. Denver).
7. On October 31, 2013, Warriors' Stephen Curry (11 TOs) had the most three-points made (9) and attempted (14) and the highest three-point field goal percentage (.643) when attempting at least 10 three-pointers in a double-digit TO game (at Los Angeles).
8. Suns' Kevin Johnson (11 TOs, vs. Utah Jazz, April 9, 1990) and Heat's Dwyane Wade (12 TOs, vs. Cleveland Cavaliers, February 1, 2007) both had the most free throws made (23) and attempted (24) in double-digit TO game.
9. On November 16, 2004, Suns' Steve Nash (10 TOs) dished out the most assists (18) in a game against the Dallas Mavericks.
10. On November 5, 2004, Nets' Richard Jefferson (11 TOs) grabbed the most rebounds (21) and defensive rebounds (18) in a game against the Chicago Bulls.
11. There were seven players who committed at least 10 TOs and at the same time, fouled out of the game. The last player who did it in a game was Thunder's Russell Westbrook on November 27, 2015, against the Pistons.
12. Jason Kidd owned several records about having double-digit TOs in a game: the most turnovers in a game (14 TOs, Suns vs. New York, November 17, 2000), the most field goal attempted (36) and most missed attempts (24) (10 TOs, Nets at Utah Jazz, January 20, 2003) and currently tied with Russell Westbrook for the most number of games (6 each) with double-digit TOs.
13. Thunder's Westbrook has the most "quadruple-double" with TOs. He has three such games (including last night's loss at Golden State), all came this season. Rockets' Harden has one this season (January 8, 2017 at Toronto).