Trying to make predictions in sports is one of our most favorite pastimes, despite how hard the task can be, especially when trying to predict things multiple years into the future. Why do you think there’s a whole industry built around trying to predict outcomes of games to win money? Because it’s extremely hard.
It’s especially hard to predict things in the NBA, as the amount of player movement, injuries, and breakout stars can change the entire outcome of a season, making it a crapshoot to try and predict who will win the championship in 2025.
If we go back seven years into the past, the NBA was a very different beast. LeBron had just joined up with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, James had just won his second MVP award, and Kobe Bryant was arguably still in his prime. But what if someone from the present day today time-traveled back to 2011, and tried to tell us how the NBA looked in 2018? What sort of things would he or she tell us, and would we even believe them? Here are 10 things we wouldn’t believe if they came out of that time-traveler’s mouth.
10. Dwight Howard Will Become An NBA Journeyman
9. Andrew Bynum Won’t Be In The League Anymore
8. Chris Bosh Will Be Retired
7. Chris Paul Won’t Be The Best Playmaker On His Team
6. Carmelo Anthony Is The Third Scoring Option On His Team
5. J.R Smith Will Be Starting Over Dwyane Wade
4. The Lakers Won’t Make The Playoffs After 2013
3. Ray Allen’s Three-Point Record Will Be Broken Five Times
2. Steph Curry Will Be A Unanimous MVP