Derrick Rose, the Former MVP way back in 2011, was one of the best players in the league until the series of injuries that derailed his career. After he came back, he played 2 full seasons without any major injuries, but that wasn’t enough to sign another lucrative contract in the NBA.
According to sources, he rejected a bench role from the Los Angeles Lakers, and just a few days after that offer, he signed a 1-year, $2.1 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
How many players do you know of who will earn more than Derrick Rose next season? He had a solid year with the New York Knicks, averaging 18.0 points, 4.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds, and maybe he deserved to sign a better contract, but the reality is that he earned more in his rookie season ($4.8 million) than 9 years later.
Check something that you never thought would be possible, 15 players who will earn more money than Derrick Rose next season.
15. Jerryd Bayless – $9.0 million dollars
14. E’Twaun Moore – $8.4 milliion dollars
13. Cole Aldrich – $7.3 million dollars
12. Jeremy Lamb – $7.0 million dollars
11. Lance Thomas – $6.6 million dollars
10. Alex Abrines – $5.7 million dollars
9. Kyle Singler – $4.6 million dollars
8. Kyle O’Quinn – $4.0 million dollars
7. Doug McDermott – $3.3 million dollars
6. Lucas Nogueira – $3.0 million dollars
5. Bam Adebayo – $2.5 million dollars
4. Bruno Caboclo – $2.4 million dollars
3. Trey Lyles – $2.4 million dollars
2. Georgios Papagiannis – $2.3 million dollars