Check top 20 NBA facts that will blow your mind.
1. In the ’90-’91 season John Stockton averaged 17.2 ppg, 14.2 apg, and 2.9 spg playing in all 82 games and received 0 MVP votes. He had near identical stats the prior season too. He would also still be the all-time assist leader even if he hadn’t played his final 5 seasons.
2. Rod Stickland never getting AS recognition. Not even when he led the league in AST.
3. Vernon Maxwell and Gary Payton getting Horace Grant and Chuck Person injured because the last two tried to break them up in a fight.
4. Sam Cassel not being in the starting 5 with the Rockets because he had to piss just before tip-off. Twice.
5. Vonteego Cummings, named after two cars his father owned at the time of his birth: Volkswagen and a Ford Montego.
6. Marvin Barnes snorting cocaine on the bench during games. And returning to play in the same game in which he dislocated a kneecap.
7. Marvin Barnes, again, getting the nickname Tire Iron after attacking a teammate with one during his college days.
8. Dave Bing playing at such a high level while: almost getting blinded in one eye as a kid after falling on a nail. And returning to play after almost getting his retina detached during an NBA game.
9. Charles Oakley punching then Clipper McInnis because of a personal dispute. And that being while Oakley was on the court holding a ball, and McInnis being in a courtside seat.
10. Rodman getting a six-game suspension for headbutting a ref. How many games would it get you nowadays?
11. Mo Williams missing a game due to the pubic symphysis. Look it up. And even funnier, find out how you can injure a pubic symphysis.
12. Kendrick Perkins missing time due to an injury last year: “I was asleep. I guess whoever put my bed together didn’t put it together right when I moved, so one side of my bed fell. My bed was tilted, so I got out of my bed to go push down on the other side. And when I was about getting ready to push down on the other side, the headboard started coming in. So I tried to push the headboard back so it wouldn’t fall over. My foot was under the bed and the other side of the bed fell on my foot.”
13. Olden Polynice getting arrested after impersonating a police officer.
14. In HS, LeBron wore Nikes at the Adidas ABCD Camp and Adidas at the Nike All-American Camp.
15. Qyntel Woods handing over his basketball card as identification, after being pulled over by Police Officers who smelled marijuana fumes coming from his car.
16. George McCloud missing a vital playoff game with the Pacers in 1992 because he injured his ankle, because held his it in a “funny way” while talking on the phone.
17. Elliot not wanting his house in SA back after selling it to Rodman. He liked the house, but hey, it’s Rodman we’re talking about.
18. Scott Pollard: “The Pistons, because when I was there they had that gay-ass horse on it.” on which team had the best uniform redesign in years.
19. BJ Tyler was selected by the Raptors in the expansion draft. He actually retired shortly after: “Tyler accidentally fell asleep with a pack of ice on his knee, severely damaging it and thus losing all the speed for which he was famed, and subsequently had to retire.”
20. Charles Barkley taking a pay cut with the Rockets so they could sign Pippen. Always the gentleman, Pippen thought the first round exit that season with the Rockets wasn’t his own fault. According to Pippen, Barkley didn’t show him the desire to win also adding Barkley had a “sorry fat butt.”